Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
June 20, 2022
Stormwater drainage pipes have been installed from Claremont Avenue to Delmont Avenue. Crossings for drainage pipes have been installed at Glenora Avenue and Beverly Avenue. Special junction boxes and a piping change were engineered at South Fairway due to a conflict with existing utilities. Once the water line at North Beverly is completed, a Sherwood Waste Water manhole will be replaced, and the stormwater drainage will terminate into an improved drainage pattern.
Work has begun between Claremont Avenue and Beaconsfield, consisting of removing the existing roadway, soil stabilization work, and a new gravel base is being constructed. This activity is continuing this week between Claremont Avenue and Verona Circle. Summit Utilities are continuing gas line improvement from Oakhill Place to North Hills Boulevard.
To view other updates on projects related to the 2018 Bond Issue, visit: /DocumentCenter/View/1487
April 8, 2022
The contractor for this project (Weaver Bailey) has called for a road closure for Country Club.
Starting today it will be necessary to close the road between S. Fairway Ave. and Beverly Ave. Crews will be pouring cement boxes connecting the large underground drainage pipes that cross Country Club Road and Beverly Ave. The roadway will be reduced to approximately one lane in this area, and will also be clogged with concrete trucks and earth moving equipment.
** This closure is for through traffic. Residents who live in this area will still be able to access their driveways. **
All other traffic is encouraged to find alternate routes such as Wildwood Ave., Club Road, Windchime Ave. to Coolhurst Road.
This will allow crews to work Quickly and SAFELY!
This condition is expected to last until Friday, April 15, 2022.
March 28, 2022:
• NLS Construction has completed the CAW waterline replacement.• North Little Rock Electric has relocated and replaced several utility poles.• MasTec and R&R Pipeline are working for Summit Utilities (Centerpoint/ARLA), installing a new service line on the northside of Country Club complete to N. Beverly. They are locating existing underground utilities to the end of their project scope at N. Longfield.• AT&T appears to have completed their infrastructure upgrades and are conducting regular customer hook-up and repair activities.• Weaver Bailey has installed a new 18” storm drain pipe from S. Claremont toward Beaconsfield.• At the request of property owners, three mature trees have been removed due to possible root damage.• LEG has installed several pedestals at Verona and Country Club intersection for a new traffic signal and crosswalk indicators servicing the elementary school. These pedestals bared approximately 8 feet deep.
• Several conflict and junction boxes have been poured, most notably the extra-large junction boxes connecting the 60” reinforced concrete pipes on N Beverly.
• Currently, the project is ON TIME and ON BUDGET.
Engineering: GarverContractor: Weaver-Bailey Constructors, IncStart Date: 1/4/2022Construction Estimate: $7,323,413.20Completion Date: 3/30/2023Length of Project: 450 Consecutive Calendar Days
Jan. 10, 2022:
Now that Central Arkansas Water has completed the water main replacement, the Country Club Road drainage and street improvement project has started. The contractor for the project is Weaver-Bailey. This phase of the project is scheduled to run 450 consecutive calendar days. Weather permitting.
Weaver-Bailey has plans to barricade Country Club Road from S. Verona Ave to Beverly Ave starting tomorrow Jan 11, 2022. The traffic light at Verona Ave and Country Club has been replaced with a 4-way stop. This closure is for through traffic. All motorists are encouraged to use ALTERNATE ROUTES — Wildwood, N. Hills, Highway 107. Please be mindful of DETOURS, driving around barricades is NOT ADVISED.
Jan. 5, 2022:
The intersection of Country Club and North Beverly is closed to allow for the replacement of Waste Water and Stormwater drainage. This closure will be effective for a couple of days. Watch for updates.
Oct. 7, 2021:
Starting Friday morning NLS will be paving Country Club from North Hills Blvd. to around Glenora Ave. Country Club Road will be reduced to one lane starting at 7 a.m. and lasting for most of the day. If at all possible, save yourself some frustration and avoid the area while crews work to smooth and fill the pot holes.
Additionally, the new 8" main on the first half of the project starting from North Hills Blvd. has been installed and is currently being tested until at least Monday afternoon. There will be eleven sample points running water as part of the testing. The water will be routed as best as the contractors can to optimize drainage.
Sept. 30, 2021:
Above is a current map of the construction along Country Club Road. The Work Area between Delmont Ave. & S. Fairway Ave. is pressure testing on the water line; the Work Area between Verona Cir. & S. Claremont Ave. is installing the new water line. The contractor (NLS) told us that the part of Country Club Road at the intersection of Devon Ave. is gravel, and motorists need to be careful driving in this area. Parents of Sherwood Elementary students need to continue to use the route posted on Sept. 29 below.
Sept. 29, 2021:
The NLS construction crew working for Central Arkansas Water to replace the water main on Country Club Road is approaching the Verona Ave. intersection. The construction will severely impact the traffic pattern on Verona Ave. As we communicated a couple of weeks ago, for parents who drop off their students in front of the school, the one-way signs on Verona Ave. will be covered, thus making Verona Ave. a TWO-WAY street. A barricade will be placed at 208 Verona Ave. If you see this barricade, turn around. The barricade means that the road is closed to thru traffic and that Country Club Road is blocked.
NLS will work as fast and as safely as possible to clear the intersection, but the speed depends on weather and ground conditions.
Sept. 23, 2021:
The map below shows work areas and detours on Country Club Road from Delmont Ave. to S. Fairway Ave. where Central Arkansas Water is testing the pressure of the new line and between Devon Ave. and Verona Ave. where the contractor is laying a new line.
Sept. 16, 2021:
The map below shows the current status of construction and detours on Country Club Road. The Sept. 14 map omitted the local traffic only along Beverly Ave. and the detour routes.
Sept. 14, 2021:The Country Club Road work area for Central Arkansas Water's contractors has advanced east on Country Club Road to the area between Beverly Ave. and Devon Ave. Only local traffic will be permitted on N. Devon Ave. from N. Beverly Ave. to Country Club Road and on Devon Ave. from Country Club Road south to Wildwood Ave. (Devon is closed at Country Club Road.) Please see the map immediately below for details of this work area.
Sept. 13, 2021:
Sherwood Elementary parents that drop students off in the morning and also pick-up their students after school: Due to the construction on Country Club Road, the following changes need to be made during the time Devon Ave. (behind the school) and Verona Ave. (in front of the school) are affected.
1. Starting this afternoon, after school, the one-way signs on Devon Ave. will be covered, making Devon Ave. a two-way street. Parents signing in or out Pre-K students will have to utilize the small parking area behind the school, and exit the parking area returning to WILDWOOD AVE. This will continue until the work crew clears the intersection of Devon Ave. and Country Club Road.
2. When the crew approaches Verona Ave., parents signing in or out Pre-K students will have returned to their normal traffic routine.
3. For parents that drop off their students in front of the school, one-way signs on Verona Ave. will be covered, thus making Verona a two-way street. After dropping off your student, exit the school via Wildwood Ave. Parents that normally arrive at school via Wildwood Ave. are asked to detour SOUTH to Coulter Road, then turn NORTH onto Verona Ave., thus minimizing STOPPED traffic on Wildwood Ave.
An updated map for the Country Club Road project details the ongoing work area between S. Fairway Ave. and Beverly Ave. and the detour routes between Country Club Road and Wildwood Ave. Please note that no thru traffic is allowed on N. Fairway Ave. and N. Beverly Ave. Additionally, Verona Ave. (not pictured) will continue to be a one-way road during Sherwood Elementary drop-off and pick-up times, which are 7-7:45 a.m. and 2:15-3 p.m.
The detour for the Country Club Road construction has progressed east on Country Club Road and now encompasses Fairway Ave. to Beverly Ave., reopening Sherwood Ave., Delmont Ave. and Glenora Ave. Use caution on the bumpy roadway.
May 4, 2021: Central Arkansas Water's contractor NLS Construction will temporarily close Country Club Road from North Hills Blvd. to Fred Rains Drive from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, May 15, 2021, to ensure worker's safety and expedite utility relocation in the area. Please find an alternate route that day. The area highlighted in red is the approximate affected location.
The video above is a brief overview of the Country Club Road Improvement Project. To see a more in-depth discussion with a Q&A from our staff, watch our video on YouTube: Discussion Video
To submit public comments, please download our comment form below or fill out one online: Public Comment Form (Please note: this online form will expire at 11:59 p.m. on March 31, 2021.) (The time period for public comments has passed.)
Country Club Public Informational Meeting PowerpointCountry Club Road Sidewalk Roll PlotCountry Club Road Public Meeting Roll PlotCountry Club Public Information Comment Form (Download, Print and Mail) (The time period for public comments has passed.)CAW Customer Letter - April 5, 2021